Having a 3D Design CAD software in your computer is essential for Designer and Engineer. If you are looking for a compatible and well fit design software to install into your daily used computer, this article is perfect for you.
SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD Software
Introducing SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD software that can help you create, validate, communicate, manage, and transform your innovate ideas into great product designs.
It is an easy-to-use CAD design software with short learning curve. In fact, it can be exported to others CAD format. For over 25 years, SOLIDWORKS has been the trusted industry standard in design and engineering. Let’s take a quick look on this software.
Let’s dive right in:
1. SOLIDWORKS Introduction
The SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD software is a Design-to-Manufacturing solution that offers an integrated system enabling design and manufacturing teams to work together concurrently.
It provides all the tools in a single environment will eliminates the time-consuming need for data to be translated between departments, which often results in errors and intelligence gaps.
You can spend more time optimizing your designs, confident that your changes won’t threaten delivery targets. As a result, your company can go from conceptual design to manufactured parts faster and more easily than ever before.
Great products begin with great design. Start with SOLIDWORKS tools to get from concept to parts and assemblies. Used by more than 5.6 million designers, engineers, managers and manufacturers around the world, SOLIDWORKS drives smarter, faster and easier product development.
The industry-leading capabilities in SOLIDWORKS include the following:
- Conceptual Design: Purpose-built tools for industrial design and mechanism design.
- Surfacing: Advanced tools that ensure you can create any shape quickly.
- Direct Editing: Direct manipulation of 3D CAD geometry.
- Production-Quality 2D Drawings: Illustration of how designs should be manufactured.
- Large Assemblies: Power to handle extremely large designs, even hundreds of thousands of parts.
- Reverse Engineering: Tools for point-cloud and mesh-data surfacing and manipulation.
- Specialized Design Functions: Mold design, sheet metal, weldments, and pipe and electrical routing.
- Automation: Product and drawing configurability, free Application Programming Interfaces (APIs), batch processing.
- Generative Design: Automated part shape development based on functional and manufacturing requirements.
- CAD Libraries: Over 1 million hardware, electrical items and symbols to add to your designs.
- Direct Interoperability: SOLIDWORKS 3D Interconnect for use of non-native CAD files.
SOLIDWORKS dramatically improve the way you develop and manufacture products. As the foundation for the entire SOLIDWORKS suite of product development solutions, SOLIDWORKS 3D CAD software not only covers just for design but also simulation, inspection, data management, digital communication and rendering.
3D virtual simulation has become an irreplaceable tool for manufacturing companies across all industries. More than ever before, the process enables you to validate your technical decisions with the help of simulation results, giving the edge you need to innovate and to truly understand product manufacturability.
- Product Validation: With powerful and intuitive SOLIDWORKS Simulation solutions, product engineers can virtually test new ideas, quickly and efficiently evaluate performance, and improve quality to get ahead of the product innovation curve. SOLIDWORKS Simulation helps you solve complex engineering issues throughout the design process.
- Manufacturing Validation: Both designers and manufacturers can take advantage of the many tools in SOLIDWORKS to verify the manufacturability of their designs. From checks for proper draft, undercuts and machinability, to more complex tools for simulating injection-molding, SOLIDWORKS has tools to help you get the design right, before it goes to manufacturing.
SOLIDWORKS Inspection software automates the creation of ballooned inspection drawings and inspection sheets for first article inspection (FAI) and in-process inspections.
You can save time and virtually eliminate errors by speeding up this repetitive, tedious and manual process. SOLIDWORKS Inspection helps you streamline the creation of inspection documents by leveraging your existing 2D and 3D data.
SOLIDWORKS MBD (model-based definition) lets you communicate your detailed design intent to manufacturing directly in the 3D CAD model, without the need for creating separate 2D drawings.
It helps define, organize and publish product manufacturing information (PMI), including 3D model data using industry-standard file formats.
If a PDF or eDrawings file is needed for archiving, it can be created automatically from the 3D model just like with a 2D drawing, significantly reducing design time.
SOLIDWORKS MBD helps streamline production, cut cycle time, reduce errors and support industry standards with these capabilities:
- Detail Views in 3D Model: Capture, save and detail views directly in the 3D model.
- Customize 3D output templates for multiple deliverables: Generate engineering drawings and requests for quotes (RFQs) for departments, such as operations, manufacturing, QA and Procurement.
- Share and archive 3D data directly: No need to rebuild a 3D model from a drawing for downstream manufacturing applications that require 3D models—just send the 3D model with PMI.
- Read and interpret 3D PMI programmatically: Automate CAM programming and the creation of inspection documentation, and eliminate errors due to manual data entry.
SOLIDWORKS Composer enables you to directly repurpose design and manufacturing 3D models to create technical documentation like assembly instructions for the shop floor, service manuals for customers, and parts lists and interactive content for customer service manuals.
This ability saves time and money, and ensures that documentation will be ready to go before product delivery.
SOLIDWORKS Composer enables your team to rapidly create and update high-quality graphical assets, while producing the following technical documentation types:
- Manufacturing assembly and installation instructions
- User manuals, maintenance and repair guides
- Training systems and interactive, configurable product demos
- Product web pages and sales bidding kits
- Interactive bills of materials (BOMs) and parts lists
SOLIDWORKS Visualize is “the camera” of SOLIDWORKS that enables you to create professional, photo-quality images and animations and immersive 3D content quickly and easily. It helps your company make better decisions about product design and aesthetics earlier in the cycle.
- Rendering: Perfect for photo-realistic images, animations, and interactive 360-VR content for web and mobile
- Ease of Use: Designed for anyone, even nontechnical users
- Versatility: Usable with any CAD tool
3. License Package and General Product Matrix Highlight
There were three SOLIDWORKS Packages scalable to meet the needs of your business with inbuilt functionality. All package use the award winning intuitive and easy to use Microsoft Windows native interface to accelerate your design process and increase productivity. Each SOLIDWORKS Licenses cost would differ based on the package that you like most.
Check out more info about the SOLIDWORKS packages at: https://imetech.com.my/solidworks-3d-cad/
Now I’d like to hear from you:
Which of the function explained above is very useful to you?
Or would you like to know more?
You can leave your comment below right now. One more thing, grab SOLIDWORKS free trial license by clicking HERE!
Also, check out our website to access more information and download the free software and case study: https://imetech.com.my/
– Shane Tan, Application Engineer, IME Technology Sdn Bhd