DraftSight has been around for many years and the name of this might ring a bell to most users that interact with 2D drawings everywhere. For those who have not heard of DraftSight before, it is professional-grade software that allows you to create, edit and mark-up 2D drawings and designs.
As you know SOLIDWORKS has recently launched DraftSight 2019 and is offering in paid version only, all free version of DraftSight (2018 or earlier) will cease to run after 31/12/2019.
In this blog, we will talk about the features of DraftSight and why you should consider purchasing it.
So let us go straight into the main functions of DraftSight:
- Interoperability ( Supports many formats such as .bmp, .gif, .jpg, .jpeg, .png, .tif, and .tiff inclusive of DGN-File Support) & PDF Underlay (Attach multiple PDF to their drawings
- Toolbox For Mechanical Symbols And Annotations
The toolbox is a very powerful and convenient set of tools for you to glide your way through the design process by having the industry standards at your fingertips! DraftSight supports many different drafting standards and therefore has a huge range of features. Last but not least, the toolbox offers the user with the ability to generate a BOM and the ability to export it as a text file.
- Batch Printing (Send a set of drawings for printing)
Print multiple drawings instead of doing it one by one! You will never have to go through the tedious process of opening each file to print. Many people tend to underestimate this feature, but when you’ve had a long day and you’re ready to wind down towards the end of the day and someone comes up to you to request for 50 sheets of drawings to be printed, this feature might just save your sanity!
- Not many software supports 3D Modelling at the compelling price that DraftSight does. Now with DraftSight Enterprise Plus, users will be able to increase their work quality with the aid of a new dimension.
- G-Code Generator (Ability to convert files into machine specific codes) & Drawing Comparisons
For the G-Code Generator, it might seem very complicated at first but rest assured that with DraftSight’s help guide you will be able to understand and use it without a hitch.
- The other main selling point of DraftSight is its Community Resources, this means that if you ever have any problems or questions, and most of the solutions are already up on the forums online. You will be just a click away from your solutions.
- Most importantly is the Technical Support. Buying software that comes with technical support will ensure that if any problems come your way, there will always be someone there to help you with it. This saves you the trouble of going to troubleshoot the issue manually which can be very time consuming! (Only comes with DraftSight Enterprise & Enterprise Plus)
These are just a glimpse into the features of DraftSight and the list goes on and on!
Contact us now for more info!